Entrepreneurs Gathered at HCC to Start 2017 Strong – What a Great Friday the 13th!
Business Plan Prep to Launch and Grow – Marketing and Funding to Make it So
What a wonderful Friday the 13th it became!
It was a diverse group with 43 startup and existing entrepreneurs from a wide variety of backgrounds.
As the afternoon went on, they listened, learned, participated, networked and it just got better and better!
Participant Surveys Said: Excellent!
Center for Entrepreneurship Director, Sandra Louvier, welcomed those who were new to activities at the HCC Center for Entrepreneurship at HCC Northwest and she welcomed the others back.
The presentations, panel, interaction and Q&A were all about solid planning and small business marketing aimed at obtaining funding for launch and growth of each entrepreneur’s business. All present got access to pdfs of all presentations to continue learning, connecting and growing after the seminar.
Featured Topics, Presenters & Entrepreneurial Partners
SCORE – Jeff Jones
Constant Contact – Toni Harris Taylor
Featuring the HCC Newspring Business Plan Competition
Center for Entrepreneurship (c4e) – HCC Northwest – Sandra Louvier
Small Business Administration – Tim Jeffcoat
Wallis State Bank – Aziz Rahim
Amegy Bank – Peter Ellen & Jessica Tecson
LifFund – Dennis Silva & Darrell Pevoteaux
Participants Surveyed Asked for More Information About HCC Offerings and Many Indicated They Wanted to Take Action Immediately on the HCC Newspring Business Plan Competition
HCC Newspring Business Plan Competition-Follow Up
Act Now – Application Deadline is 11:59 pm January 18!
Sign up for the Required Class – Takes 3 minutes.
Proceed to the Online Application – Work up your answers in a word doc. Save it. Update resumes on any team members proposed. When you are ready, cut and paste your app answers into the online app, upload resumes and push submit!
Apply before 11:59pm on January 18!
Good luck! This opportunity could change your life and the course of your business success forever!
Key BPC Dates – Note the five 2-hour BPC training session dates on your calendar (3 Tues. evenings in February & 2 Tue. evenings in March). If you win a prized slot in our competition, you must have one team member or more present at every training session.
Welcome to the Center for Entrepreneurship-HCC NW!
We serve as a focal point in providing access for entrepreneurs to entrepreneurs while they learn, grow, advance and inspire each other together.
We provide entrepreneurial connections, skill-building, resources, mindset and inspiration through HCC and our entrepreneurial resource partners, all designed to empower you to small business launch and continued growth.
Margaret Mead wrote, “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”
Let’s change our community…our world, together!
c4e Team L to R: Sandra Louvier-Director, David Regenbaum-Entrepreneur in Residence, Mohammad “Mo” Tehrani-Lead Mentor, Daneka McGhee-Administrative Assistant, Antoinette Dickson-Student Recruiter, Saiqa Ayub-Work Study Intern, Opeyemi “Emi” Folabi – Receptionist.
♦♦ Our Programs ♦♦ Our Locations ♦♦ Our Staff ♦♦
HCC Entrepreneurial Offerings, Activities and Collaborative Programs
The Center for Entrepreneurship at HCC Northwest – Offers Two Locations
Come Join Us at HCC Spring Branch and HCC Alief Hayes
- Entrepreneurial Certificates and Degrees for College Credit
- Marketing – Enterprise Development – Certificate Level I – 6 Courses
- Marketing – Social Enterprise – Certificate Level I – 8 Courses
- Business Administration & Management – Entrepreneurship Certificate – 10 Courses
- Marketing – Innovation and Enterprise Specialization – Associate of Applied Science – 2-Year Degree
- International Business Certificates
- Small Business Continuing Education Courses – Quick, Economical, Online
- Small Business Mentoring
- Workshops & Seminars
- Engineering Center of Excellence ♦ UT Tyler Engineering Program ♦ Texas A&M Chevron Engineering Academy
- Media Arts & Technology Center of Excellence
- Visual & Performing Arts Center of Excellence
- West Houston Institute – Opening in 2017 – Click and Scroll Down
For More About HCC Entrepreneurship System-Wide:
- HCC Office of Entrepreneurial Initiatives
- HCC Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses
- MBDA: Minority Business Development Agency
- Teen Entrepreneur College
- HCC Southeast Small Business Development & Entrepreneurship Center
- HCC Northwest Center for Entrepreneurship – www.hccbizconnect.org – You are here!