- This event has passed.
Successful Marketing & Social Media Strategies
November 14, 2012 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING STRATEGIES
BEST IN CLASS STUDENT EXHIBITS
Engagement Marketing: How Small Business Wins in a Socially Connected World–How can you keep your customers coming back for more – telling their friends – and keep your business thriving? Learn how to inform, inspire, and create long-term meaningful connections with engagement marketing, building the relationships that build your success.
Discover, develop and mentally pre-deploy a complete social media plan into your marketing mix, maximize your revenue and reduce your business cost by expanding your business online. Learn the major steps before you invest more resources into social media marketing. We start with the big picture of marketing and end with a detailed map of your social media roll-out plan.
Jump-start your business by connecting with emerging social media and online students from Houston Community College. Start working with Digital Communication, Computer Science Technology and Audio Recording & Filmmaking student specialists.
“Best In Class” Students
Engagement Marketing: How Small Business Wins in a Socially Connected World
How can you keep your customers coming back for more – telling their friends – and keeping your business thriving? Learn how to inform, inspire, and create long-term meaningful connections with engagement marketing and building relationships that build your success. You’ll learn how to:
- Take the excellent customer experience that you deliver and leverage that into connections that enable ongoing dialog.
- Identify the right technology tools to multiply your impact, track your effectiveness and save you time and effort
- Understand how to gain and interpret both direct and indirect feedback on how your customers, prospects and raving fans are perceiving you — and what they are saying to their friends and colleagues
- Create engaging content that encourages re-sharing – how to deliver content that starts and sustains discussions, and how to make sure that content is sharable (even broadcastable!)
- Sum it up: learn the five key steps to success with engagement marketing.
You do not need to bring a laptop, but are welcome to do so.
Who Should Attend
Suitable for all experience levels. Anyone interested in learning more about engagement marketing.
Regional Development Director Constant Contact
Social Media Marketing Expert
Amy Olivieri is an entrepreneur and small business expert with experience in business development, client relations, event planning, and nonprofit development. She has considerable experience in professional services marketing. As a small business owner and marketing expert, she knows how important it is for businesses to stay in constant contact with their customer base through effective and affordable marketing technologies. As Constant Contact’s Houston-area Regional Development Director, Amy extends her knowledge and expertise to help local businesses maximize the power of relationship marketing through the use of email and social media marketing tools. Amy has a B.S. in Psychology and holds an M.B.A. with a concentration in management.
Social Media Strategies: Leverage Your Time & Resources – Grow Exponentially
How can you spend more TIME working on your business instead of in your business – grow exponentially in a shorter period of TIME – as well as leverage the TIME you have already invested in your business? Have you heard TIME is MONEY? Well in this day and age TECHNOLOGY is TIME. Prepare to be inspired and slightly overwhelmed by business developer John Whaley as he takes you on a visual journey of entrepreneurial enlightenment.
Travel from where you are right now in the traditional business model, through social media, and finally arriving in a world of semi-automation through technology. You will gain a new sense of control and freedom in even the smallest business from this session.
- Build on the power of social media without overextending your company’s capacity to serve the market. Watch your numbers double!
- Develop multiple growth strategies that will foster your expansion into new markets while narrowing your niche served for greater profit margins.
- Enjoy knowing you will leave understanding more than 90% of all other business owners in your industry about the role, function and purpose of social media moreover the tools that make it profitable.
- Sketch out your plan of action in real-time during this session with John as he addresses specific tools and techniques for growing your “brick and mortar” business with online tools used by Fortune 1000 companies all over the world.
Who Should Attend
Suitable for all experience levels.
CEO, PERT Center, Inc.
SCORE Counselor & Business Advisor
For more than 25 years, John Whaley has been an advocate for the advancement of entrepreneurship. An accomplished entrepreneur and business developer, John has continuously developed innovative methods for teaching people how to stay prosperous through self-employment. His commitment has nurtured relationships with powerhouse business support organizations such as the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Business Initiative, Houston Community College Center for Entrepreneurship, Texas Business Alliance Youth Entrepreneurship Academy, (HACH) Housing Authority of the City of Houston Economic Development, Multi-Cultural Alliance, SCORE (Service Corps of Retired Executives), as well as the City of Houston’s Mayor’s Office of Business Opportunity, where he works to positively impact the state of aspiring disadvantage and underutilized small business owners. In his spare time, John enjoys helping others by “paying it forward” in addition to spending quality time with his family and friends.
Register to hold your seat! HCC Students: No Cost; All Others: $10 (Cash or Check-payable at door)