Small Business Advising at HCC Alief Hayes
Tuesdays (By Appointment Only)
Whether you are just starting a business or expanding an established business, the HCC Northwest Center for Entrepreneurship can assist you. We offer aspiring and existing entrepreneurs the opportunity to meet one-on-one with a business counselor at our Center for Entrepreneurship at the HCC Alief Hayes campus.
We provide business counseling through our Entrepreneur in Residence and our strategic partners SCORE and Silver Fox Advisors. We can also schedule mentoring appointments with strategic partners such as Constant Contact (regarding eMarketing) and with funders such as Wallis State Bank, Amegy Bank and LiftFund to assist you in building relationships to seek funding to start or grow your business. We are here to help you succeed. Meet with a business counselor to develop your business plan, discuss a new idea or tackle a business problem.
To Make an Appointment: Email us at email@example.com or call Emi Folabi at 713-718-6650.
- Time: 9:00 am to 1:30 pm on Tuesdays. All appointments are booked in advance. No walk-ins.
- Place: 2811 Hayes Road, Houston, TX 77082, Center for Entrepreneurship, HCC Alief Hayes Campus, Third Floor, Suite A321
- Cost: THERE IS NO CHARGE for small business advising, although we do expect you to do your part and take action to further your plans between sessions to start or grow your business. Each session will last 30 minutes to one hour. We are interested in your progress, so follow-up sessions are encouraged.
Meet Our Lead Mentors
SCORE Mentor, Dr. Mohammad Tehrani (“Mo”) started his first business in 1995 and has co-owned owned multiple businesses in real estate, pharmacy and security systems. Currently he is a partner with a public accountant firm in Houston, Texas and a co-owner of multiple businesses. He is also a full-time professor of accounting at Houston Community College. More about Dr. Tehrani.
Silver Fox Advisor, David Regenbaum, is also: Entrepreneur-in-Residence for the Center for Entrepreneurship; Vice President of the HCC Foundation; and he is an instructor and mentor in the HCC Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Program. More about David Regenbaum.
Our Partners in Small Business Advising
We provide multiple counselors from SCORE and Silver Fox advisors as needed. Our counselors hail from every facet of the business community. Some have worked at large corporations, local or federal government. Others have spent years cultivating their own small business. If you would like an appointment with one of our funding partners, just ask! Our partners and counselors are here to help!
More Small Business Offerings at Houston Community College
In addition to seeking mentoring, many attendees of our workshops, seminars and boot camps are now interested in pursuing more information about other HCC Small Business offerings, including:
- More Center for Entrepreneurship Workshops and Seminars;
- Creating a Successful Business Plan Class – required to apply for the HCC Newspring Business Plan Competition;
- 2017 HCC Newspring Business Plan Competition;
- Center of Excellence in Business Offerings – including college credit classes, certificates and degrees;
- Continuing Education Classes for small business owners and their employees;
- HCC Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses – for small business owners with businesses open two years, annual revenues over $150,000 and four employees;
- Minority Business Development Agency Business Center – for existing business owners seeking to pursue exporting and more contracts; and
- Office of Entrepreneurial Initiatives – Fall 2016 Ideas Competition